Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

MP Bemoaned Bad Roads In His Constituency

Member of Parliament for the Banda Constituency in Bono Region has expressed worry on the dilapidated nature of the Banda Boase and Biema road affecting the movement of goods and services in the area.

Honourable Ahmed Ibrahim said he was surprised to see that party contractors of Nana Akufo-Addo administration are the very people who are disappointing the President.

I am saying this because the very contract of awarding the road from Banda toBiema Nsawkaw have been awarded to the former National organizer of the New Patriotic Party who is in the person of Alhaji Moctari Bamba he comes from this place this is his hometown so if the President have done his part in awarding a contract to you as a party functionerie what do you think you have to do support your party he said.

The Deputy Minority Chief Whip in Parliament further explained that it is a matter of doing a good job making sure that you execute the work in such a way that the people of Banda Boase and Biema will be very happy  about the administration of the New Patriotic Party.

The MP added that the mier fact that he has demobilize from the road there is no single tipper truck on the road none of the culverts or bridges on the road have been constructed  the road has been distroyed in such a way that is now e worse than it happens to be what do you think that the people of Banda Boase and Biema will say about the NPP Government.

This is why I said Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo should blamed his own  contractors for disappointing him and not executing the very contract he has awarded to them, I have no problem of a President awarding contracts to his paty functioneries but my worried is that the party functioneries if they failed to do the work then it turns out that the national cake is not been well judiciously used because you have spent taxpayers money in packaging the road tendering the road awarding it to the person the person has come and distroy the work did we go or did we come and this is why I am very surprised Hon. Ahmed Ibrahim bemoaned.

His statements to newsmen came days after the reports from the media that the road from Banda Boase to Biema Nsawkaw has been rendered inaccessible by torrential rains which also resulted in the Yoroweh river overflowing its banks.

In response to the accusations of  residents of Banda Boase that he is not performing Mr. Ahmed Ibrahim said what do you think I can say my portion as an MP is to lobby for the contract to be awarded which I have done the second thing I have to do is to monitor which I have come and that is what I am doing.

So it now the duty and responsibility of the contractor to execute the work which he has failed to do.

Aa a Member of Parliament I have so many tools on my disposal to use he said.

Hon Ahmed Ibrahim also disclosed to the newsmen that he is going to trigger a question in Parliament to summon the Minister for Roads and Highway to appear before the Parliament to explain the where about of the contractor and Why the contractor has abandoned site just a contract which was supposed to last for 18 months.

When asked would he suggests to government to terminate the contract and reaward it he said that is where he is heading to.

Honourable Ahmed Ibrahim made the revealations when he inspects the Banda Boase to Biema Nsawkaw road with news reporters in the Bono Region on Monday.

Source: Royals News Nana Anfreh Damanta.

Post a Comment

0 Comments